Wednesday, June 7, 2017

My Day at the 2017 Bushwick Collective Hip Hop Art Festival

JS Bin

2017 Bushwick Collective Hip Hop Art Festival

Hip Hop a very live and vibrant culture gave Brooklyn and much of NYC a bit of a treat this weekend, the 2017 Bushwick Collective Hip-Hop art festival was everything I expected it to be. On such a beautiful spring afternoon local artist and artist from around NYC graced the streets of Bushwick with some beautiful street art. The performances were classicwith the exception of one, which bascially didn't happy due to a cancellation last minute from veteran MC Busta Rhymes. The crowd was great and the music played by the Dj on the stage was vintage and great. My only gripe with the festival was that EDM had a bit on an annoying prescence during the festival at the local bars, in my personal opinion I believe that if you are going to participate in any kind of festival involving hip hop you should play to the genre, but unfortunately bars wanted to play to the crowd which was full of "implants" as real Brooklynites would call them, the trendy EDM hipster infected the festival with prescence somewhat tainting the festival with a not so genuine hip hop feeling. All in all the festival was a great experience and I left with a smile on my face. Peace and Love, JoJo Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full of Hot Air?

Up and away Last year, summer of 2016, I experienced, for the first time, a ride on a hot air balloon at the “Balloon and Craft Fes...